Grosse Ile Lighthouse
The structure is in good condition considering it was built in 1906. It stands 40 feet tall and was deactivated in 1963. The octagonal white tower is beautiful, each face is sided with horizontal wood strips like clapboards on an old house. Near the middle the structure angles inward and narrows. The eight sided lantern room is empty now. The Grosse Isle Historical Society will give tours of this light. Since it is on private land, visitors must be escorted to the light by members of the society.